Tuesday, August 9, 2011

July 20





This week has been one that will go down in the books....We had some pretty awesome experiences and some that really shook at least me....Well to start off for those of you who don't know I am currently living on a ranch/farm/horse....I really don't even know what to call it. I thought I would never enjoy a place with this much fresh air and open space. You all know how much of a city girl I am.


GENEALOGY:

Well let's start off with the great experiences of the week. So to explain, last week I was helping a sister that was abandoned by her father at birth, mind you she was only 20 years old. Either he left her or her mother took off I really didn't want to get into it. Anyway she came in to the Family Tree Center and asked if we could look him up, typically we wouldn't be able to find someone that was born in the 50's as her dad was, but somehow the Lord intervened. She didn't even know if her father was still alive. Anyway as we searched we discovered that he father had passed away not more than a year ago. As we sat there, she burst into tears. We did all that we could to try to find a family member and someone for her to get into contact with. Luckily enough we did, we came across his obituary and we were able to get some information. I tried sharing the importance of the gospel with her, but she was not open to it. As they left she was very grateful for the time I had spent with her. A few days later one of the sisters handed me a note that this girl had dropped off at the center. It explained how grateful she was for the time that I had spent with her and continued to tell me that she had been in contact with her dad's sister and they had talked for hours.

As I read that letter I was overwhelmed with the greatest sense of gratitude. I could not imagine the life that girl had lived. What she must have gone through and to never have had the opportunity to meet her father. I knew at that moment that the Lord had sent her into my life to help me better show my gratitude for the many wonderful blessings that I had been given.



I knew my father, we were the best of friends and I could not imagine my life having not known him, as I am sure that you feel as well. I received a greater testimony of the greatness of the Lords Plan and that we are all able to be with our families regardless of what happens as we live according to the will of God, and we receive those blessings.


TREVOR (investigator):

I know that I have mentioned Trevor in the past, he was recently baptized and really one of the people that I know I was supposed to meet on my mission. He has drastically changed his life and this week he received the Aaronic priesthood. The light that shined through that young man was amazing. He has truly come to understand his worth in the sight of the Lord and has changed not only his life, but also the life of his family. They are all active now and we are just waiting on his sister to accept the gospel so that they can be sealed in the temple.


DOGS, DOGS AND MORE DOGS...



So onto the scary stories...first of all you know that there are two dogs that I love in this world...Lucy and a recent friend named Clancy...here in park city...on our 40 min walk to church this week we were chased by not one, not two, but three dogs all from different houses and all crazy scary...okay one was just a little one, but still super scary. Everyone up here has a dog...I have had to make some adjustments...but hey, I'm getting better......We also had another dog attack earlier in the week, but I stepped behind my companion to shield myself from any injury.....


Other than that the week has been great, but transfers are next week so I don't know where I will be. I love you all and realize more and more everyday how blessed we are to have the heritage that we do. What was sacrificed for me and how that has truly shaped my life.

Hope all is well and enjoy the Utah holiday Pioneer Day....

Sister Kirts

No comments:

Post a Comment