Monday, March 28, 2011

Finally in Park City!!!!!

March 23, 2011

So I'm sick again...I think my body might be rejecting all of this work - ha ha

There are 107 stakes in my mission. I just find that insane!!!!! I mean think about the number of people that means...107 stakes...6 wards per stake(at least)...and 100 people per ward...it's over 60,000!!!!

My new companion is from Denmark! Isn't that the coolest thing ever!!! Her name is Sister Christianson and she is wonderful, down to earth and totally immersed in the work. I know that this will be a great companionship for me because of her boldness. She is funny and sarcastic which you know just makes me feel at home. She has really helped me to see that by immersing yourself in the work that you are able to do so much more for the people. She told me that she expects a lot from me. Both in life and in our companionship. We will be waking up at 5:45 every morning to workout!!! SO excited about that...I know that by forgetting myself that I will be able to do all that I can There is no time to feel sorry for yourself out here so we might as well get to work.

We live with a recent convert named Stephanie, she has a really great house, just a half a mile from Cafe Rio!!!! Who understands how wonderful that is for me??? I mean seriously! Does the Lord love me or what? Stephanie has the cutest little bulldog and her name is Fera. Yes I will have to get used to having a dog around and also learning to live with another person. I am really excited about this work and although it will be hard and labor intensive I know that if I rely on the Lord that I will be able to accomplish all that is asked of me.

My P-day throughout my mission will now be Wednesday.

I do not know how long I will be here. I know that I will be in the center about two days a week and the rest of the time we will be proselyting. In 6 weeks we will be able to go to Salt Lake City temple for a live session and then go to Temple square. Very excited about that.

I just want to let you know that I love it here. I know this is where I am supposed to be. I know that the Lord will provide a way for me to accomplish the things that he has set out for me to do. I know that it is by his strength that we are able to accomplish all things. As we align our will with God, our thoughts become his and we know that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing.

I got some really great info from one of my teachers that really boosted my teaching confidence. She told me that when I teach I have the strength of ten men behind me.

Love to all, Sister Kirts

No comments:

Post a Comment