Thursday, March 17, 2011

Letter from March 9, 2011


Hello all,


First of all it is going fantastic here and I am loving pretty much every minute of it. It's just hard when you have to force down cafeteria food. I do not know what people were saying, when they enjoyed the food here. I'm just happy that I only have four weeks as opposed to twelve.


I will be leaving the MTC for the Family Tree Center in Park City no later than Wed. March 23 so after that all correspondence will need to be addressed to:

Sister Allison Kirts

Utah Salt Lake City South Mission

8060 S. 615 E.

Sandy, UT 84070


I just want to thank all of my family and friends for being SOOOOOOO supportive through this entire process. I have truly come to know how blessed I am to have so many people that love me in my life. I see those around me who do not have support from their families and I just have to drop to my knees and thank Heavenly Father for the wonderful people that he has placed in my life. I truly am blessed beyond measure. With that said I wanted to thank all those who have written me and sent love and support my way. As Trevor would say mail is GOLD in the field.


I have started a new goal in which I am attempting to read the Book of Mormon in 10 days. It's going fairly well and I think that I will be able to accomplish it. It's been really amazing to see the stories in such close concession in order to understand the themes better. I have come to gain a true love for it's words and I know how much it will bless our lives if we really try to understand what it teaching us.


… many of you know how much I wanted to serve a foreign mission… I just wanted to share an experience that has completely changed my outlook. Saturday was a particularly hard one and I just didn't feel good about anything that was going on. We had a lesson where we thought we had really helped the investigator feel the spirit, when we reviewed our lesson it just wasn't what we thought. Anyway I was reading in my Patriarchal Blessing and noticed some things that hadn't stuck out to me in the past. Here are three things that helped me see that there was only ONE PLACE where I could have served the Lord.

1. Genealogy will have a great impact in your life

2. You will be able to do a lot of temple work and help those who have already passed on to receive the blessings of the temple

3. You will be in America

…I don't know what you would get out of that, but my mission call is exactly where I was supposed to go. In Utah (America), There are three temples and I will be in a family history center. I just had this overwhelming feeling of love from Heavenly Father and the Savior wash over me. I knew that he knew me and that I am going where he knows I will be able to fulfill my purposes.


OH BIG NEWS!! Lookout for me during the General Conference intercession and in Deseret News with President Brown, MTC President. I will be in pictures and on the video.


Love to all, Sister Kirts

1 comment: