Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Allison first days in the MTC

Allison will soon be heading to her first and maybe only area, Park City. Here is a brief update of what she has been up to.

While she enjoys the frequent devotionals, scripture study, and her new companions Allison says there is one thing that she will be happy to leave --- the cafeteria......

She is studying hard and posting in her journal daily (Trevor this is for you), up early and on time everyday...



Allison says, “I have really come to know the importance of prayer and the affect that it can have in our lives. I know that I wasn't the best person in the world at praying before I came out here but I have been making an effort to pray for 15 in the morning and 15 in the evening. I know that by praying that I will be able to know exactly what the lord wants of us. “


In her first letter Allison shared how this scripture had given her comfort.

Alma 17:13 And it came to pass when they had arrived in the borders of the land of the Lamanites, that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work Ally! Love Ya,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Your mom has forwarded some of your letters and they are so uplifting. Heavenly Father is not only blessing you, but those who love you too through your service. I'm sure you will touch the lives of many in these next few months. Can't wait to live it all with you through your letters. Much love! Janee

    ReplyDelete