Sunday, March 11, 2012

"REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE"



Jan 2, 2012

This has been one of the most interesting weeks of my life. I appreciate all that I have been given by our Heavenly Father. I know that he is mindful of us. that he knows what we are going through and that he truly cares for us. We visited with an AMAZING sister this week, Sister Stirling. She had us over for dinner on Monday night and her advice really has changed my view in the last week. She talked about something that she did a few years ago and has continued the tradition ever since. She showed us a book that she has created using things that she has seen in ensign articles, magazines, scriptures and just little things that she collects. She calls it her inspiration notebook. Well, I started one this week and it has been amazing. For those of you who know and also those who don't missionaries tend to leave things behind. You know toiletries, laundry soap and other useful things. They can also leave being things that you don't want, old shoes......gross....and also stacks and stacks of ensigns. Man do they get heavy to carry around. Anyway at no other time have I been more grateful to have those ensigns laying around. they have been my inspiration for my inspiration book.,....hahaha.....Anyway it has really helped me to keep continually focused on the work, not debating at night as to whether I should write a letter or just day dream. FOCUSED is the goal. This has helped me to see the hundreds of articles that I missed while I was either at school, not yet born, yeah there were some really old ones......and also ones with articles that didn't seem pertinent to me at the time that they were published. Anyway it has been the source of such great joy and you all know how much I love crafting. It's a wonderful release that helps me to see all of the wonderful things that the lord has blessed me with through living prophets.
One article in particular really hit home. It is entitled REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE.....sound familiar Shelby???? As I was searching through the April 2008 Ensign this title was just too good to pass up. For all of you who have been around when my Mom wishes us farewell you have heard this phrase before. I can't even begin to count the number of times that I heard it. It really just struck me when I read it.

http://www.lds.org/ensign/2008/04/remember-who-you-are?lang=eng

I really felt the love of our Heavenly Father enter into my heart when I read this article. That he did embrace us before we left his presence and all that he wanted was for us to remember our Divine heritage. That we are of Noble birth. We are the children of God, the Most High and the one who cares for us in ways that we cannot even imagine. He desires to see us again, but in order to do so we must remember who we are, the children of God. We are better than we think we are. In Romans 8, Paul talks to us about Christ and that if we are able to live the way that Heavenly Father has asked us to that we will be joint heirs with Christ.

How grateful I am for this gospel and the blessings that I have received from our Heavenly Father. I know that he lives. That he loves us and wants us to return to live with him. Jesus Christ is our Savior and through him we can reach our full potential. I know that this work is the work of the Lord. That we are able to gain eternal life through him. I am so grateful to be here. I love it. It is the best thing EVER!!!

Love you all, Sister Kirts

No comments:

Post a Comment